Will Biden succeed?
In a desperate attempt to save his Build Back Better bill which is stalled in Congress, President Biden met with chief executives of 10 major corporations in hopes to get their support and better explain to them what all is in the bill.
Biden explained how the passage of the BBB bill will “make the U.S. economy more competitive, increase worker productivity and workforce participation, lower inflation over the long-term, and strengthen business growth.”
According to Fox, Biden met with the following companies and their leaders:
- General Motors CEO Mary Barra
- Salesforce co-CEO and co-founder Marc Benioff
- TIAA CEO and President Thasunda Brown Duckett
- Ford CEO and President Jim Farley
- Siemens Corp. CEO and President Barbara Humpton
- Cummins CEO and Chairman Tom Linebarger
- HP CEO and President Enrique Lores
- Etsy CEO Josh Silverman
- Microsoft President and Vice Chairman Brad Smith
- Corning CEO and Chairman Wendell Weeks
As you may already know, Biden’s $1.7 trillion Build Back Better plan fell flat on its face after Democrat Sen. Joe Manchin pulled his support from it.
This meeting with top business executives could be President Biden’s last shot at reviving the bill.